THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Grandma and Opa - Moving slowly into the Electronic Age

After 20 minutes of trying to figure this out and then calling Jessica for help - here is my first entry. I can only dream it will be successful!

It's 8 September and I have just returned from a Senior Leadership Conference. I was the conference coordinator for the Directorate of Logistics and attendees were division chiefs from Forts Wainwright and Richardson. It ws held at Seward Rec Camp on the coast of Alaska. Very successful; but glad it is over. I am always glad to be back home...with Opa!!

In the midst of this adventure, I am changing jobs. On Tuesday I started as the Fort Richardson Housing Chief; division chief under the Director of Public Works and direct report to the Commander. It's the position I held before going to Europe, but as with the Army, there are a few changes. I have only the housing at Fort Richardson with all the staff. I am inheriting a staff that is 1/3 vacant positions; 1/3 positions I pay for, but at the moment do not control and the remianing work in the office managing 1200 units. I am getting lots of quick briefings on the construction status - 5 major projects in varying stages of completion.

For the remainder of September, I will work housing half days and my logistics job half days. I have three major projects with the latter. Two will be done by the end of the month, and the final project the end of January.

Opa is still applying for jobs and working on projects around the house (literally). He has filled in a section of the ditch along the driveway to widen it and enable him to park our trailers and camper next to the house. He has to make a drainage ditch in the process, so that is presenting challegnes for him. He will also be working with the contractor to fix the rain gutter----the one he backed the camper into. (Tee Hee) Tomorrow he said that he will help me pack my office and start that move. (What a special guy.)

5 comments:

princess jen said...

YAY!! You posted! I'm so excited. Now you can leave little comments on our blogs and we can read all about you all the time. Make sure you tell all your friends, etc. about it so they can read it too. I miss you so much. Today has been a long day....

crowfamily said...

Yea mom!! See, it wasn't that hard? Now just gotta work on uploading pictures and videos.

Grandma and Opa said...

OK Children - You need to get Jeremy and Kassy to read our blog.

Grandpa and Grandma should be able to read this too....or does it download like pictures, so it would take forever?

princess jen said...

It shouldn't take any longer to load than a normal website.

Alan J said...

You need to post some pics of the house, i forgot what it looks like.