THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 9, 2007

This Grandma is joining the 21st Century very slowly – just in back of Opa! I admired all the pictures (and text) that magically appeared even though I did not remember writing anything! The pictures on all three blogs are wonderful and I love them all. (Well – the mooning was a bit over the top.)

I did not realize that I had left my telephone on vibrate so I missed calls from all three daughters. But it all worked out. When I returned calls, both Dad and I got to talk to the girls! Of course we all talked about Christmas and it seems like everyone has their “giving” all thought out and under control. We are still thinking up ideas! Gift cards are sounding better all the time; it is just they seem impersonal at times. Then there are the birthdays, too. I delivered Lorelei’s gift when I was there in October. I told Jennifer that I would get something for Aaron when I got to Utah. Still leaves Jessica! Gee, I have some ideas, but nothing in the mail.

This past week has been incredibly busy. We have so many customers that none of the staff can keep up files or log notes. Of course our goal is house as many as possible before the holidays so that they can bring their families back with them after the holidays. That makes for big smiles and a glorious holiday. We are also feeling the brunt of martial discord. We get a list every few days of the people who have restraining orders against them and the group of customers who come in saying that they are getting a divorce and want out of housing or want help breaking their private rental leases.

I sent three evenings making gifts for my staff (18 people). I wanted to share the tradition of St. Nicholas Day as my Dutch friends have shared with us. I told them that since they had not left their shoes out for goodies, St. Nick improvised with gift bags. I made each person a jar of soup and a jar of cookie mix. I decorated the top of the quart jar with fabric and ribbon. (Recipe was tied on with the ribbon, too.) I decorated the top of the plain colored gift bag, actually it was a craft bag, with another piece of ribbon and a small European ornament that I had gotten at the Kris Kringle Marts over the years. For the Hoochies, I made similar bags, but added a bottle of wine and a small German liqueur. We are planning a
luncheon on the 16th, but I am not sure that I can make that. I really like the mixes in a jar and they seem real personal when I give them out.

I am still working on the gift arrangements for Grandpa and Grandma. We are setting up dates in our Time Share in Seattle and Oregon. They will have one night and hopefully a great day on the Seattle waterfront with Kassy and Jeremy. Then they will have 3 nights on the Oregon Coast with Tom and Lynette. Bruce and Dennis are pitching for meals and such. It should be a great time. Although they could stay in the apartment with Jeremy and Kassy, this gives them a bit more room and some entertainment that the kids would not normally enjoy. Hopefully Lynette is up to driving for a couple of hours. I know they will have to take breaks. Maybe the Coast will cheer her.

I am still working on my job objectives – only a month late getting them to my boss and he is on my case. So back to the toil. Of course as I do that I am watching a movie with Dad – Guarding Tess with Nicholas Cage.

2 comments:

princess jen said...

Good job Mom!! I love reading what you have to say. Now you have to get daddy to post once in a while too.

crowfamily said...

Man, we have got to teach you how to post pictures. Make sure Jennifer shows you how when you are down there at Christmas (since I kept forgetting when you were here). I would love to see your craftyness with your decorated jars.